Crack TOEFL In 3 days

How I scored 115 out of 120 in the Internet TOEFL - with just 3 days of preparation..

Day 1: Reading - 3 Hours (cont..)

Reading to learn questions
To test the ability to recognize how the passage is organized and understand the relationships among facts and ideas in different parts of the passage.
Summary questions - worth up to 2 points each.
Chart questions - worth up to 3 points if there are five options presented, and are worth up to 4 points if there are seven options presented. Partial credit is given for this question format.


• Paraphrase questions
Questions in this category are in multiple-choice format. They test the ability to select the answer choice that most accurately paraphrases a sentence from the passage.

• Glossary feature
Test takers can now click on some special purpose words and phrases in the reading passages to view a definition or explanation of the term.

What to do in 3 Hours:
TOEFL passages are not difficult; so you already are at an advantage. They refer to academic topics - usually, so all you have to do is - open up a newspaper or a current affairs website and read the posts - timing them for 4-5 minutes per passage and move on.
What I did was - read the newspaper - different topics; and then, I typed in sample TOEFL passages on Google - and just read the passages. I didn't attempt the questions.
I had not read biology, geography and astronomy for years; and I expected at least one of them to come in the test - so I searched for passages and read them for 5 minutes each - changing to the next passage using a timer. In one hour, I had read 12 different passages.
I don't know how much it helped on test day; but I was not a least bit uncomfortable with the variety that came during the test.
So I think thats the best thing to do - 2 days before the D-day.
Also, the questions will usually be straight-forward - so ace the direct questions. Summary questions have answers usually at the start or the end of the passage, so search for those there. The inference questions will need the use of logically omitting the choices that seem wrong - it will greatly increase chances of the correct answer.
-
I kept in mind that I can :
a) read the passage along with the questions at the test
b) IMP: I can come BACK to a question if I need to - so just answer as many as you can on the first go, and then work on the remaining ones.
I was advised, and rightly so, if you finish the passages before time, don't hurry to the next one - just review the answers and RELAX !!

(I seem to have mentioned that before - well extra relaxing can't hurt, can-it !! )